Sunday, March 1, 2015

Softie love


I am pretty pumped about this ! Sew Mama Sew have launched 6 weeks of Love for Softies on their blog and asked me to join in.
Obviously, I am obsessed with toy / softie / plush making and I am excited to see such a great site spreading the word.



The six weeks will include

  • Free patterns, tutorials, tips and techniques from some of the best softies experts in the business.
  • A daily inspirational soft toy or doll.
  • The Softies Contest:There are  categories for everyone, from first-time softie makers to plush and doll designers. You can enter to win fabric, books, thread, patterns, polyfil or even the Grand Prize, a Pfaff Creative 3.0 sewing and embroidery machine valued at $3,999! (the grand prize will be awarded with the US) 
  • There is also a soft toy drive with all the toys going to children in foster care.


For my part, I have designed a free pattern which will feature on the site soon ('ll be sure to tell you when). There are a lot of exciting toy makers involved and I have already found some new toy makers to follow. 

I won't be entering the softie competition but I did donate some patterns to the prize pool. You can check out all the details for the competition here. 

I'd love to see what you come up with if you enter ! 
#6WeeksOfSofties

3 comments:

Hellloooooo !!!!