Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Warracknabeal, the low-down

If you are playing along at home, you will know that Leanne Beasley, Rosalie Quinlan and I headed off up to Warracknabeal on Friday. Leanne picked me up just after a little misread-the VCE-Exam-timetable drama (that's another story) and we jumped in the car and chatted ourselves to Warracknabeal.retreat4

(Rosie, me, Leanne)

I was lucky enough to be invited by Del and Shirley of Quilters Harvest to be a part of the their Christmas Spirit retreat . I’m not sure where to start…with the hospitality? Dinner at Del’s with all the gang and a tour of the most exciting shed I have ever seen. (You know I realised that even if I know nothing about another person’s topic of passion- just the fact that they are so passionate about it carries me along with them). There are more photos on Bookface if you want to go and like the Quilters Harvest page.

retreat1

Leanne’s work

The retreat itself was wonderful-Absolutely the BEST bunch of people in attendance ever, there were young women, mature women and vintage women, there were mums of little babies, big kids, and fur babies,  aunts and grannies and nanas, teachers, farmers, nurses, carers, shop owners. I talked a blue streak and laughed and apologised for the odd naughty word. I demonstrated the rag rug and heard the most amazing wonderful varied stories from a room full of new friends. I have made plans to catch up with as many of the Ballarat Visitors as possible.

retreat5

Rosie’s work

It really was just so much fun. people came from all around and some women travelled a really long way to join us. There were door prizes and beautifully decorated tables, and goody bags

retreat3

Thanks Shirley and Del, (and Rosie and Leanne) for one of the best weekends I have had in ages.

It was a wonderful weekend to be part of.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds fabulous! What lovely goodies on display. I love a good retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks great! By the way, you are looking spiffing these days, Ms Ric Rac ~ hope we can catch up soon. Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. you look fabulous
    2. so does everyone and everything else
    3. the bots found a brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly looks and sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Jodie - you look so different than your profile pic, I would never have recognized you in a million years! Love it. :) Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like soaking in a creative soup pot, right? Glad it was all smiles and being among lots and lots of stitches:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to love country hospitality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How brain dead am I at the moment? Forgotten you even went. I'll blame report writing. Looking forward to spending time with you at captain interviews on thur

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you with the long hair all longing! Sounds like an ace weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree - I had to read the caption to tell which one was you. Not that I don't like your profile picture but you look younger in this photo. This, from someone who uses her dog as an avatar as her own photos are so hideous these days! Anyway, I am soooo jealous. I really want to go on a retreat. There's one coming up near me in the S. of France next July and I wanted to go but the Mister thought it was too expensive and the craft it involved not 'useful' enough. I might run away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jodie! Glad you like Warracknabeal. I have family in that neck of the woods, but they don't craft!
    You three look amazingly well. I think it must have been the great food that the country ladies seem to have a knack at preparing.
    Anyway, what's not to love about escaping from home for a few days to spend it with a crowd of like-minded people? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!