Friday, November 9, 2012

Perspective

 

Next weekend  I am off to Warracknabeal for a weekend of stitching with Leanne and Rosalie and the girls from Quilters Harvest.

mess

The weekend after that I will be attending AQM with the whole gang from creative Abundance….

and sneaking in between now and then I (and helpers)  will be moving the whole school library into a new building. Shelves have to be emptied and dismantled, carried and reassembled. The room that is become the library office needs to be cleaned out and filled with my officey stuff.

mess2

Everything needs to be moved and dusted and reordered (in correct DDC please) and assembled and looking beautiful by the time the Grade twos have their school sleepover.

From go to whoa, we have eight working days…..and about thirteen thousand books. I have written emails and drawn up timetables and spoken to the stakeholders and entered everything in triplicate. I expect it to go off without a hitch.

mess3

I guess you can assume that skills and talents I use in my workplace don’t tend to come home with me.

18 comments:

  1. Everyone comments on how neat my work is. Only thing about me that is.

    Good luck!

    Does that little blue tray thing with the awning fold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be at Warracknabeal too! Soooo looking forward to it I can't tell you! Del and Shirl rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little strange, but if I lived closer I'd volunteer to put every single one of those 13000 books in DD order, it appeals to my obsessive side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe not, but that's how a proper sewing/crafting room should look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well , it is a workroom and creativity cannot be contained. I bet you know where everything is when you need it. (Or thereabouts.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that what all sewing-rooms look like? Isn't it? Because I'm incapable of keeping mine in any semblance of order.
    And good luck with the book organising!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so refreshing - I now know that I am not the only one who has creative chaos at home! The thing is, I have it at school too, but I have to tidy it up to please other people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck with that! The school library moved twice in five years where I used to work -- fortunately I only had to help once!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Gosh. I think you need chocolate. And lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Work is work. Creative space is for creating. Your space looks a lot neater than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your craft room looks pretty perfect to me :o)

    I'm based at home for work (if that makes sense) so all my paperwork is here, mixed up with all my craft stuff and general homecrap. I used to be so organised and tidy when I went 'out' out to work - now....not so much..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. My floor doesn't look quite as bad as yours, but all the surfaces do! Doing organizing at your job is totally different because it is somewhere ELSE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you use your sewing room floor for storage too, Jod! I reckon if it's on the floor, at least I can find it (or at least fall over it!) Wishing you and Mr Dewey many happy hours together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol, an organized sewing room is the first sign of a need for psychiatric intervention! have a blast...sorry about the need to move but i know you'll conquer it. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gee I hope you have a few helpers. My school library is about 5000 books and I replaced the fiction shelving earlier this year and it took about a week. First day there were 3 of us then the rest of the time was just me. I did a post about it here if you want to see. Good Luck!

    http://quiltwhangarei.blogspot.co.nz/2011/05/why-i-havent-been-sewing-lately.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm heading to AQM - I'll look out for you Jodie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow you do a brilliant job at whatever you turn your hand & brain power to. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!