Sunday, June 19, 2011

In no particular order


  • This Saturday I am flying to Sydney to speak to the ASG at their Industry Day. Just thinking about it makes me clench at both ends. Why oh why do I say yes to these things and stress so much ?

  • I am working on a tutorial for the little dude in the last post but I ran out of light for photos so it might take me a few more days as I grab photos before and after work. It'll be a pretty rough tutorial , otherwise we'll need about 50 photos.

  • I am teaching at Amitie next month - and hoping to use it as an excuse for a long weekend in Melbourne.

  • I recently met two of the finest eggs you can imagine.

  • I am hanging out on bookface sometimes, come and like me (how weird is that as a sentence ? I mean really do we ask people to like us these days ? ........this stuff makes me feel old.)

  • I joined pinterest but it hasn't grabbed me.This also makes me feel old

  • The thought of going to work tomorrow makes me feel like this...................

  • 43 comments:

    1. You could always come and play with us on The Twitter. We'll all like you there too, I promise!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Work schmurk! That's how I'm feeling. Or as some clever crafty lady once said "work sucks, let's craft" Have a great week.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hang in there Jodes. School hols are comin' up!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. i find the thought of not going to work more depressing - that means I am trapped in this messy house with just a diabolical toddler, a whiney preschooler and Mt Washmore to keep me busy! No chance of crafting in sight either -sigh...I don't like Mondays!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Ha....I love being described as a good egg. Your not to bad yourself you know!! xx

      ReplyDelete
    6. Clenching both ends! Such a classic Jodie line. Good luck with your classes, I'm sure you'll ace them.

      ReplyDelete
    7. You always make me smile. Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Classic. All of it. You excellent weirdo.

      PS. The effing bullets are AOK from where I'm sitting. And breathe...

      ReplyDelete
    9. Bummer I won't be able to come I'm working at the quilt fair with Nikki. Yes com and join us on twitter

      ReplyDelete
    10. You'll be fine - you are a natural and the talkie/crafty thing. Yes come twitter!

      ReplyDelete
    11. The Guild ladies will love you, I promise. Are you talking about blogging? I'm warming to pinterest. Twitter would be more fun if you were there.

      As for work, do you want to come here and I'll go to work? Ah, never-mind, we would probably both mess it all up!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Twitter escapes me but Pinterest is my new best friend.

      Good luck with the Guild ladies in Sydders.

      ReplyDelete
    13. I've been visiting you for a long time, and you never fail to cheer me up and make me laugh. Those things make me feel old too, and I think it whittles away at real human interaction. It also feels like just more obligations to maintain, but I "liked you anyway, cuz I do!

      ReplyDelete
    14. I already like you :-) I like the little bug eyes, looks like my kids when I tell them to go and take a bath!!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Jodie, the best thing about this post is the label at the bottom. All the rest makes me feel sad that I don't live in Australia (except the Pinterest part - I'm resisting...just can't manage another online parking spot!).

      ReplyDelete
    16. Mrs. RicRac you are so busy! When do you sleep? I love your little sewn creatures so much :-)
      Could do with some tips for making extra-tiny clothes at the moment. Making a blazer for something spherical with wings is proving tricky and you seem to have the skills!

      ReplyDelete
    17. "When speaking to a group of strangers, imagine them all naked" a lesson taught to me a long time ago. It works.
      Pinterest took a little while to get me but it did in the end.

      ReplyDelete
    18. Such exciting how boring life would be without all this!
      Love that shade of green BTW.

      ReplyDelete
    19. Wow what time do you arrive on Saturday, the Industry Day starts at 9.30am :)

      Looking forward to seeing you and I think we will all have too many layers on for you to see us naked, warning that place is FREEZING.

      ReplyDelete
    20. Because you're lovely and you want to be good and stuff. You'll gun it I know.
      I was lucky enough to meet those fine eggs too, along with see another fine egg called Jodie ( and whole bunch of others)
      I'm feeling a bit the same about Pinterest although I did find the most exciting board full of snazzy band aids.
      xo
      PS will no one say anything about the face? soo good x

      ReplyDelete
    21. Hi Jodie,
      You'll be fine...just keep talking :)
      Love your critter ppeking up to see if the coast is clear LOL
      Hugs, Sharon

      ReplyDelete
    22. Hey Jod,
      Don't sweat the small stuff, you'll be fine! I don't bookface, tweet or pint, my brain just can't cope with too much technology!! and I love Blogger when all is working well.
      Hugs
      Jo
      PS Love those eyes!

      ReplyDelete
    23. I just use pinterest as a place to store online stuff I want to look at again. I'm always surprised when people "follow" me there (thanks for doing so, btw.)

      ADORE your little dude and can't wait for the tute; and am looking forward to hearing about your triumph at the industry day.

      You're awesome. :)

      ReplyDelete
    24. Jodie, Jodie, Jodie...we've got to get you hooked on pinterest. I can't get hooked with facebook. In fact I'm negative hooked -- I hate it! Love those eyes!!!

      ReplyDelete
    25. Poor snail....Pinterest doesn't excite me, I must be pretty old too. have tried but don't enjoy facebook much, I like Twitter. I'm coming to do your teapot class in Septmeber, so don't be nervous for that one!

      ReplyDelete
    26. I'm sure you'll be fine, Jodie. I wish I could be there. One friendly face in the crowd could make a difference.

      ReplyDelete
    27. Well I'm ancient then..I put my name down with Pinterest..then when invited, turned it down and didn't join..just 'cos I thought going to all that trouble of sorting and pinning up photos was going to take up too much time and effort! I do admire others that have that time and patience and enthusiasm for it though.

      ReplyDelete
    28. are you just here for the day on Saturday? Can we meet for a drink post talk? Am I being pushy?

      ReplyDelete
    29. Awwwww thanks for calling me a fine egg. I think you are a funny egg! Hilarious egg. I just joined twitter last night under mybeardedpigeon.... it is really fast and furious- I like it!!

      PS it makes me cringe to ask people to like me, makes me feel like a knob.

      ReplyDelete
    30. Blogger is lucky you don't have real bullets!

      I loathe facebook and will have no truck with it.

      I like you fine just the way you are - totally envious of all these excellent meetups you have. You'll be brilliant at your talks. BRILLIANT I tell you.

      Eyes out on stalks. Yes.

      ReplyDelete
    31. Hope the work week goes quickly.
      Love your eyes popping up again!
      Enjoy

      ReplyDelete
    32. I think you should come join us on twitter like Cam suggested! I loved your talk last time I saw you, very funny! Good luck.

      ReplyDelete
    33. Hello, nice green worm (snail?) from the antipodes! Greetings from Paris!

      ReplyDelete
    34. OH la la, check you out with your speaking tour (tee hee). Are you having issues with Blogger, it doesn't like me anymore either, i'm ALL over the place & it keeps taking me off following people & people from following me, argh!! As for leaving comments, not allowed, i don't exist, so i had to set up a Word Press account to link back to my blog, dumbo +.
      I just love the expression on the green bug eyes that is you going to work tomorrow, when can you ditch that library committment, surely children these days would rather read your blog too??!! Apparently in the US they aren't bothering to teach children running writing anymore, love Posie

      ReplyDelete
    35. Ah-ha! Is that a green paw with all-knowing eyes?! Fantastic!! You are the most amazing fount of whimsy, humor and inspiration!!

      ReplyDelete
    36. Where's that big glass of red, sounds like you need it. ♥

      ReplyDelete
    37. Jodie, You only stress because you want to do well. That is okay. Keep your sense of humor and know that you are amazing. And, fyi, I just ordered two of your patterns for lots of $USD$ from an Australian website! That should give you another boost. All the best from TEXAS!

      ReplyDelete
    38. 'Clench at both ends'!! Now that's funny!

      ReplyDelete
    39. Hi Jodie,
      I don't know what you were worried about....YOU WERE AWESOME!!!! So funny listening to you today....some WEE almost came out! Lol :)
      Was great chatting with you, sharing your stories and meeting your amazing creations - I look forward to making some of them soon for my boys :)

      ReplyDelete
    40. Good job I don't live down under, I'd become your stalker at all these fab events you're doing!!

      I feel just like that about my work too - especially as no matter how hard we work we're still in with a good chance of losing our jobs. I gave up the other day and did sewing instead....one of the joys of 'working' from home ;o)

      xxx

      ReplyDelete
    41. Hey Jodie ... just wondering if you might like to come & host a stall at our Church Fundraiser Sat 13 Aug ... will be fabulous family event?? We can chat.... Cheers,Wendy

      ReplyDelete
    42. Hi

      Was there on Saturday for your shinding and I thought you were crazy. But I like crazy. Crazy is good. There should be more of it (crazy that is).

      Congrats on a job well done.

      See ya !!!

      ReplyDelete
    43. Ga-googler!!!

      Jod, you really should be on stage! There was no amount of lady muscle clenching that could stop me wetting myself with laughter at your Label for this post!!!!!!!

      V xx

      ReplyDelete

    Hellloooooo !!!!