Sunday, June 8, 2008

Can you feel the love?


It has been a pretty feel-good week here this week.

I was thrilled to hear both my mini-quilts arrived at their destinations (and the recipients liked them).

I also received my quilt from the esteemed Miss locket and it is simply one of the cutest mini quilts ever !!





Lucy really put some thought into this. It just screams Jodie - in fact one of my work colleagues wouldn't believe that I hadn't made it myself. It has selvedges, wee buttons and is my favourite colour ever - greeen. It looks fantastic hanging in my sewing room, even though Annie wanted me to hang it in my office at work. (and bring it home every night)


It is just perfect Miss Lucy thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into it, not to mention those precious selvedges.

Both of my quilts have now been received and I can show you the one I made for Monda but Lucy has yet to unveil the one I sent to her so I won't spoil the surprise.

This is an in-progress shot of the mini quilt that I made for Monda. I seemed to have forgotten to take a finished pic so if you want to see how it ended up you'll need to pop over and visit Monda loves.




This quilt swap has been so much fun and I declare it a huge success (I hope it has been for everyone-I have loved it!) and I would like you all to raise your glasses to Lucy Locket - queen of the swap.

*clap clap clap*

22 comments:

  1. What a great idea - and such beautiful swaps. With all that work they can only be sent with love and kindness. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a darling little girl/quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to pop over to Monda to see your quilt complete, it's gorgeous from what I can see so far. Lucy's sure set herself a big task and managing very well. My quilt for Lucy is almost complete, It's very traditional.
    Plus thank-you for your comments on my blog, I wish I could knit too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little mini selvedge quilt - you will have to be careful that Belle doesn't claim it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling the love clap clap clap for Miss Locket. It's been great fun and started us on a new craze I'm sure. I'll charge my glass right now ... Miss Locket!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mini quilt is just so gorgeous-I too give a clap for Ms Locket-can't wait to see the one you made her as the one she made you is so Just right!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great swap, I love what you received and what you made

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt you received is gorgeous, and so is the quilt you sent!!! Beautiful greens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both quilts are beautiful! Did you embroider by hand? It is so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you love your quilt - I really wasn't sure about it after I sent it but it was the very first one of the 22 that I made because it seemed such an obvious choice for you! I think I was worried that it was silly sending you something you would make for yourself. My quilt from you is absolutely incredible and I can't wait to show everyone........ but I think my camera might be in Mr Locket's pocket at work :o(

    I'm off to have another search for it!

    Lucy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll raise a glass to Lucy Locket too - her mini-quilt swap has been the best ever!

    I love the quilt she made for you and the one you made for Monda is gorgeous!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How brilliant is the quilt made for you - enjoy!! And the quilt you made is just stunning - so simple and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful quilts Jodie. The one you made for Monda is exquisite. You are always original in your work and it is always fantastic. Please keep it up - I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jodie, is that machine stitching on your creation or hand stitched? It's beautiful and so original! And to receive a quilt made in the 'Ric Rac style' would be exciting, to see how other's interpret your style.
    Lucky both of you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of the quilts are gorgeous. How lucky you are.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes indeed! Three cheers for Ms. Locket -- watching all of you swappers has been so much fun. And your quilt from Ms. Locket is just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful workmanship all roun d- such lovely quilts have resulted from this swap. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mini quilts are just beautiful Jodie! Lucy did such a great job swap organising too

    ReplyDelete
  19. how gorgeous are those quilts, you're all just too, too clever...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucy did a great job! Very cute! And your machine stitching is second to none Jody honestly that little girl is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. the stitching is so controlled. i could never free motion pictures. wow

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!