Saturday, July 28, 2007

arggghhh!


This is Pirate Luke - a prototype for the dolls I am making with the Grades 5 and 6 kids at school.


His head is printed on Inkjet printable fabric and then sewn to a very simple gingerbread man type shape.

We painted the basic clothes on and then went from there. His belt buckle is a ring pull from a can and his little hook is a cup hook. We just used regular paint from the artroom . I think he needs some little buckles or something on his boots and maybe a necklace of some sort.
One down and 23 to go.
Off to the Melbourne Quilt and Craft Fair tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. I love your pirate. So lifelike. Great use of recycled goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See ya tomorrow, Jodie! As you probably know, Christina got postponed, so I'm going tomorrow too, now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pirate is fantastic!

    I have been reading your blog and you make so many amazing things! I'm a big, big fan of the frilly bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining my PIF Jodie. Maybe my third person will be a Jodie as well. Could you please email me your address. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome idea jodie... he looks amazing.... will the kids get to use their own faces I wonder?? fantastic..
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya luv abby, yes the kids are using their own faces and have drafted some great stuff...fairies, sportsmen, lifesavers and even a genie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids are sooo crative! I once had a summer camp group build our hometown out of boxes such as ceral or rice or even oatmeal..they had so many ideas and were far more creative than their parents ever knew! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pirate is fantastic!!! The students will treasure them forever.What a great idea. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. this idea is so cool! Love it...

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!