Saturday, June 9, 2007

Parcels, Presents, People

How much do you love getting parcels in the mail? Even if they are things I have bought and paid for they still feel like presents. This week I got an extremely presenty feeling parcel from Samantha of Whizzme. I popped into her Etsy shop to grab a bag of papery goodness for my mum's birthday (today) and while there just happened to buy some delicious fabric scraps.

Gorgeous greens with a little hand painted ribbon and beautiful card. My favourite is the one on the extreme left !
I also grabbed these great pieces of Japanese fabric and they came beautifully wrapped and presented with the sweetest little fishy ribbon. My mother adored all her paper bits and pieces and cannot wait to show them off to her scrap booking friends. Thanks so much Samantha !!!!




Yesterday afternoon I played ladies with the fat quarters and we headed off to the local scarf festival. Held inside the huge glasshouse in the botanical gardens, the festival has scarves, handbags and shawls.

There was lots of great stuff on display and they kindly let me take a few pics. This has strengthened our resolve to crack open the wet felting in the next school holidays and get started !
I have to say I have been tagged by the very funny Angela of Cottage Magpie - this is my first ever tag and I am taking it far too seriously (as expected). More on that (I promise) tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love the gorgeous pictures of the scarves and everything. Yum! And I'm sorry about the tag. But you're so awesome, I had to do it! ~A :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!