Monday, June 11, 2007

Gearing up.


This weekend has been a sort of quiet one . I have done lots of cooking and sitting quietly (a rare event for me).

I have a funeral to go to tomorrow that is going to be very hard and the whole week ahead feels oppressive right now. I have been slowly sewing the binding on the babies quilt and thinking and being in turn, both sad and angry at the loss of a friend.


I worked a little umbrella on a new bag - this one will be my bag. It is kind of wintery and sparse, I really like it and I have really fallen for the art of embroidery. (I have never done any before).
Things will get better I know and I also know that lifes sucks sometimes. Right now I am off to the quiet couch with my hoop and thread and memories.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie,

    Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you in your time of loss. My condolences in a difficult time for you. May your memories help you through.

    Regards, Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great embroidery - cannot believe it is your first time. My condolences to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the bag. And I like singing in the rain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jodie,
    I just wanted to send my condolences to you and my thought are with you!
    Kindest regards Melissa .......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is simply scrumptious!!!!

    Guess Who!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. Is it weird under the circumstances to also say that your embroidery is lovely? ~A

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!