Sunday, April 29, 2007

SOFTIES !

Hello ...........

Today I had to get ready for camp. So in between some washing and packing, I tweaked the Bobo pattern and came up with some new friends. In reality I did mostly sewing and threw lots of stuff in the case and wrote myself a note of things-not-to-forget. I packed the lollies and chocolate first.


What in the world I am going to do with them I have no idea.

Why is it now, with the kids both at high school, that I find so much enjoyment making cute (but essentially useless) little toys and softies?

They are so simple-just a little ball with a few "animal" features. When you think about it some animals only need a few things to make them who they are . A snout and a curly tail equals pig and none of the other bits and pieces seem to matter . An elephant is all ears and trunk.
I have a fish, elephant, frog and (hopefully) a hedgehog all drawn for another day. Well it has finally been raining here in Ballarat so maybe I am making my own ark !
My good friend Annie has started her own blog and when I read it, it is just like talking to her -something I struggle with here as I try to condense myself and not ramble.
See you all after camp !

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness me these ar so so cute! I adore that piggy, he snout is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you on camp Jodie, and will sew with you in mind. I'm in the middle of a sewing room make over. All's good
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ingrid - I love your blogs - you are a busy woman !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the chooken!! (that's what Noel calls them)

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!